Movable walls with glass recesses
Let light in by placing a glass recess in your movable walls. The feeling of open plan is combined with possibilities of privacy and a working sound environment. Winab provides movable walls with glass for most purposes in a wide range of design options and glass types.
The lift for interior environments
A wall with recessed glass gives an architectural lift to interior environments. The glass provides space and an attractive overall picture and not least opportunities to take advantage of the light from the external environment or nearby premises.
The glass is a tough, durable material that is easy to keep clean. The material also meets the requirements regarding sustainability, as it is completely recyclable.
There are many placement options. Divide a part at the far end of the room with retained light and use the extra space for group work or individual conversations. Divide a large classroom in two and keep an eye on both half-classes.
Movable walls with glass recesses provide an attractive and modern environment in offices, schools or other public spaces.
Movable walls with glass recesses offer the same great flexibility as our other movable walls.
The construction is based on complete blocks with parallel plane glass, in a stable aluminium frame. The suspension and parking options are the exact same as those of our other movable walls.
The usage area and purpose of the wall dictates the glass choice. Our program includes clear, transparent glass, coloured glass with slats, printed glass, frosted glass but also more daring alternatives such as blasted glass.
The freedom of choice also extends to the choice of frames, which in the standard version are covered with natural anodised aluminium, but also offered in other colours and coatings.
|Thickness||85-96 mm, depending on sound-class requirements|
|Weight/m²||26-53 kg, depending on sound reduction requirements (incl. rails and mounting accessories)|
|Section width||Minimum 400 mm / Maximum 1250 mm|
|Height||Maximum 6000 mm (higher upon request)|
|According to request|
|Sound reduction||Rw 44 dB For greater sound reduction, please see our glass movable walls from Dorma Hüppe|
WINAB’s folding walls are easy to assemble. The walls are developed completely based on the client's requests regarding measurements, sectioning and surface treatment. All movable walls are ceiling-suspended, which eliminates the need for floor rails and always provides clean, free floor spaces.
The wall blocks have telescopic seals in the top and bottom edges and can be purchased as single- or two-point suspensions depending on parking requirements. Two-point suspended movable walls offer completely hidden parking, where the wall blocks can be parked in our outside the premises. For good and tight function between floor and wall, the floor must be level.
If any problems arise with the mounting process, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Assembly guide WINAB 2000 movable walls
The movable walls consists of sections which hang in a carrying rail. The sections are attached between the carrying rail and the floor. Floor rails do not occur. The movable walls may be either single-point or double-point suspended with 1 or 2 carrying walls, respectively. If the wall is double-point suspended there is a garage. A single-point suspended wall does not have a garage.
- Measure the closing line. Make sure that the wall has the same measurements.
- Measure space for garage. The garage must fit in the intended space. The garage may not be cut. The straight pieces can be delivered oversize. Never cut shorter than the closing line on the drawing.
- Drill screw holes at appropriate distance.
- Screw in the garage from below according to the rail drawing.
STRAIGHT RAIL ASSEMBLY
- Drill screw holes at appropriate distance.
- If necessary, cut to the dimensions specified in the drawing.
- Screw in the rail from below according to the rail drawing. NOTE! Save the last rail piece until the sections have been hung in place.
- Use the included clips in the rail joints.
- The sections are hung by the carrying rail in the order indicated in the accompanying drawing.
- Screw in the last rail piece.
- The frames are mounted in place with a sinker under the roof rail.
- The carrying trolleys are adjusted so that the sections are centred between floor and ceiling, after which the lock nuts are tightened. (Key 24, 18 and 13 mm).
- Attach with seam to wall and ceiling to ensure a tight installation.
- Follow the Operation & Maintenance Instructions to verify the function of the wall.
Hidden parking when the wall pieces should not be seen
Movable walls are always delivered as ceiling-suspended. The wall blocks have telescopic seals in the top and bottom edges and can be purchased as single- or two-point suspensions depending on parking requirements.
Two-point suspended walls offer the possibility for a completely hidden parking, in or outside the premises.
The parking alternatives below are only some examples of how movable walls may be parked. The parking options are much more extensive than that and very flexible depending on requests and the conditions the premises offer.
The parking alternatives K1, Z1, E1 and to some extent K4 are the most popular, while options K3, K5, K6 and Z2 are more to be considered as special solutions.